(yes, it is) 23 of May – 26 of June I’ll be one of three residents in the project Walking Peace in the Avian Kingdom in Sweden, organised by ARNA at the very spot where two pilgrim trails meet in Harlösa. Walking Peace is a green, slow and peaceful way of making new connections across cultural backgrounds and religions, creating art as a statement for peace while walking. Afterwards I'll be researching the pioneer life in Värmland.

3.6.13

Today


My GPS broke down. I couldn’t get it working when we started walking this morning. Somebody said: “Don’t worry, you will have plenty of time in the coming weeks to make this walk again and catch it on your GPS.” But we are in the middle of the Pilgrim Trail. It felt somewhat like somebody telling you after a difficult year: “Don’t worry, you will get another chance to do this one again and enjoy it.” I didn’t worry, I just put the device in my backpack and decided to put the camera in there too and enjoy the walk without gathering digital traces. I even refrained from gathering y-shaped branches. But yesterday’s question was still in my mind. Why are we here?

It was a beautiful route. I was slow and silent.

To walk and to smile.