(yes, it is) 23 of May – 26 of June I’ll be one of three residents in the project Walking Peace in the Avian Kingdom in Sweden, organised by ARNA at the very spot where two pilgrim trails meet in Harlösa. Walking Peace is a green, slow and peaceful way of making new connections across cultural backgrounds and religions, creating art as a statement for peace while walking. Afterwards I'll be researching the pioneer life in Värmland.

23.5.13

Being

Leaving. Having left. Being inbetween. A night train in the morning. Curtains half closed because the travellers in the beds on top are still asleep. Outside the sun is shining. The rapeseed fields are everywhere. May. The yellow month.

We are travelling through Denmark. I’m sitting on my bed. I slept well, apart from the half hour inbetween 2 and 2.30 when the fire alarm was sounding. Somebody had been secretly smoking. Nobody knew how to turn it off.

Where am I? I’m in Denmark, but that is now what I mean. The last weeks have been hectic and I better not write about the last days. Leaving is always a lot of work. It is so much work because time is being devided in “before”, “during” and “after”. Because suddenly the things you normally postpone until they are about to happen, the things in the “after”, seem to be so much closer.  And the things you had been planning to do but haven’t done yet seem to be so much bigger.

But here I am. In the inbetween. A small bubble of time. Five weeks in which I will be walking and meeting new people. In which I will be thinking and writing about life and art and nature. In which the before and after won’t exist. I’m here. I arrived. Although I haven’t reached my destination yet. Harlösa. A small Swedish village that only exists in images so far. In the centre of the village is an old farmhouse, the oldest one in town. That is where I will be. And you are welcome there any day in the next five weeks.